How do I make a particular WordPress post stick to the homepage of my blog? A sticky in WordPress? This is a common question that my friends have just started using WP to blog ask me. So we’ll describe the procedure for doing this in a bit.
Why would I want to create a sticky?
If you have useful content on your blog or website that people read frequently. Or if you have content that you want people to read, making that particular page stick to the homepage is a great way to do it.
Where will it appear on my homepage?
If you configured your blog’s homepage to display multiple posts, the post that you made into a sticky will appear at the top of the page. Your sticky page will remain at the top of the page even if you publish new pages.
Follow these steps to make a post stick to your WordPress home page.
- Log on to your WordPress blog.
- Create a new post by clicking Posts > Add New.
- Fill out the post title, content, and other fields that you want to configure.
- When you are ready to publish the post, look for the Publish widget.
- In Visibility, click the Edit link.
- Select the Stick this post to the front page check box.
- Click Publish.
- Go to your blog’s homepage and verify that the WP page that you stickied appears as the first article.
You’re done! That was easy, right?
[alert color=”red”]Note: Only posts that are public can be “stickied.” You cannot sticky something that is password-protected.[/alert]
Visit my WordPress archives for more tips and tricks on using WP. If you also have WP tips and tricks that have not been covered (or covered completely), I invite you to submit a guest post. If you think you have something useful to share, send it in!