I couldn’t print from my trusty old LaserJet M1217 nfw MFP printer this morning. And when I rebooted it, the printer display showed “Initializing…” and then appeared to shut down and reboot again. It went on like this for a few times until it became obvious that there was something wrong.
So as usual, I asked Miss Google (most people call her Mister for reasons I do now know) for the answer. I found several different solutions, but only one worked for me so I’m posting the instructions below.
Note: This solution may also apply to other LaserJet models. So you’re having the same issue (your LaserJet printer is stuck at “
Initializing...“), you might want to try this fix.
Follow these steps to fix the issue.
- Turn off the LaserJet M1217 nfw MFP printer.
- Press and hold the red X button (cancel) and copy button (below the red x button) at the same time.
- Turn on the LaserJet M1217 nfw MFP printer.
- Continue to hold the two buttons until you see the printer display show
PERMANENT STORAGE INIT.
- Release the two buttons. The printer continues to boot up. When the bootup process is complete, the printer display shows
You should now be able to print from your LaserJet printer again.
Did it work for you? Let us know by leaving a comment below.