I like using the Run command on Windows to start other programs such as
cmd. I find using Run faster and easier than clicking through the program menu. However, after I upgraded to Windows 7, one of the first things that I noticed was that the Run option on the Start menu was missing. I need it, so I had to find out how to make it appear.
If you’re looking for instructions on how to show the Run option, here they are:
- Right-click the Windows icon (used to be Start button in older versions) on the bottom-left corner of the desktop.
- Click Properties. The Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window appears.
- On the Start Menu tab, click Customize. The Customize Start Menu window appears and displays a list of options in alphabetical order.
- Scroll down through the options until you see the Run command option.
- Click the Run command option, and then click OK.
You have completed enabling the Run option on Windows 7. It should now be visible from the Windows menu.