As a user of the Basis Peak, I find myself increasingly having to reset the Peak to factory defaults and then setting it up again to resolve connectivity issues (for example, when you keep seeing the message “Watch Not Found” on the Basis Peak app). Don’t get me wrong — I like my Basis Peak, but the company must find a way to resolve these connectivity issues.
Follow these steps to reset the Basis Peak to factory default settings and then set it again.
- Unpair the Basis Peak from your iPhone. To do this, on your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, locate Basis Peak from the list of connected devices, tap the info icon, and then tap Forget This Device.
- Uninstall the Basis Peak app from your iPhone. To do this, tap and hold the icon for the Basis Peak app on your iPhone, and then tap X in the upper-right corner of the icon when it appears. The icon for the Basis Peak app disappears from your iPhone, indicating that the app has been uninstalled or removed successfully.
- Reinstall the Basis Peak app on your iPhone. To do this, go to the App Store, search for Basis Peak, tap Basis Peak Ultimate Fitness and Sleep Tracker from the results, and then tap the install icon.
- Reset the Basis Peak to factory default settings. To do this, connect the puck (the Basis Peak charger) to a USB port on your computer, place the Basis Peak onto the puck cradle, and then press and hold the reset button on the back of the puck for 15 seconds. After you see the message
Factory Defaulton the Peak, release the reset button.
- Start the Peak app on your iPhone, and then on the menu, tap Device > Setup New Peak. Go through the setup process again as you would with a new Basis Peak. Don’t worry, your existing data on the Peak will not be erased.
Hope this helps! If you have any questions, leave a comment below.